Southlake is a city located predominately in Tarrant County with expansive areas extending into Denton County in the U.S. state of Texas that is part of the Dallas – Fort Worth metroplex. Southlake is known for public schools, Southlake Town Square, its wealth, Gateway Church and Carroll High School’s 8-time state champion football team.
In December 2008, Forbes.com named Southlake the most affluent neighborhood in the United States based on average median household income estimates. The mean household income for the city of Southlake is $216,393. In 2009, Southlake’s zip code, 76092, was ranked as the richest zip code in the United States with a population between 10,000–25,000 people. The average home in Southlake costs around $784,522 and has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and around 4,000 square feet (370 m2). In May 2014, in an article in the Times magazine, Southlake was rated among the top 10 wealthiest zip codes in the country. The Southlake Zipcode: 76092 was ranked at No. 9 with 58.7% of households make more than $150,000.
In the early 1990s when Southlake began developing master-planned neighborhoods. These master-planned upscale neighborhoods began popping up all over the western portion of Southlake Boulevard. In the 2000s when the earlier neighborhoods were finishing out, Southlake began developing portions of its picturesque countryside into luxury neighborhoods. Some of the newer luxury neighborhoods include Clariden Ranch, Estes Park, Stratford Park, Cambridge Place, Shady Oaks, Westwick Hills, The Enclave, Laurelwood Park, Villas Del Sol, Palomar Estates, The Reserve of Southlake, Coventry Manor, and Versailles.
The vast majority of Southlake is in the 100% TEA Exemplary-rated Carroll Independent School District. All Carroll ISD schools share the logo and mascot of the dragon. The school system is a huge part of the city and Carroll athletics is most residents’ highest priority. The school district is currently ranked by the Texas Education Agency as the largest all exemplary school district in the state.
More Community Information
- Carroll ISD & Northwest ISD
- Convenient to D/FW Airport, Downtown Fort Worth and Dallas
- Over 624 acres of park land
- Over 50 neighborhoods, many of which offer a community pool, playground, pond, fountain, and/or community center
- Exceptional business climate
- Extremely low crime rates
- 17 city parks
- 70+ acre Nature Center and Preserve
- 60.4 percent of families have kids under 18
- 2007 average home sales price of $616,711
- Median household income: $131,549
- Recently rated as one of the “Top 100 Places to Live” in 2008 by Money magazine
- Named ‘Best Place to Live’ by D Magazine 2006
- D Magazine Called Southlake “Perfect City, U.S.A.” 2007
- Southlake Town Square Shopping Center
- Southlake Stingrays swim team for ages 6 & up
- Southlake Senior Activity Center
- Annual Art in the square and Oktoberfest festivals in Town Square
- Timarron Country Club and Golf Course featuring a Byron Nelson signature course
- CISD has a 0% drop out rate
- 5 CISD schools are recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools
- All 11 CISD schools have achieved the state’s highest rating of Exemplary
- 5 NISD schools have achieved the state’s highest rating of Exemplary
- 2 NISD schools are recognized as Blue Ribbon Schools
Sources: nisdtx.org, southlakecarroll.edu, www.cityofsouthlake.com, southlakechamber.com, www.dmagazine.com