Grapevine is a city located predominately in Tarrant County and has areas that extend into Dallas and Denton counties. The city is part of the Dallas Fort Worth Statistical Area and a significant part of the city limits are mostly within the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, with neighboring cities such as Coppell and Euless.
In recent years several wineries have opened in Grapevine, and the city has been very active in maintaining its historic downtown corridor. In 2007 CNNMoney.com rated Grapevine as one of “America’s Best Places to Live.”
Grapevine’s economy is largely centered around tourism of several varieties. Chiefly, travelers arriving and departing from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport remain the majority of visits to the city, benefiting the numerous hotels. The city is also the home of several wineries and tasting rooms to include Umbra Winery as well as the Texas Wine and Grape Growers Association. GameStop, a national electronics retailer, is currently headquartered in Grapevine, one of the largest corporate employers in the city.
Grapevine received the Runner Friendly Community designation from the Road Runners Club of America. The goals of the Runner Friendly Community program are to shine a national spotlight on communities that standout as runner-friendly and provide incentives and ideas for communities to work towards becoming runner friendly communities. Grapevine has approximately 24-miles of hike and bike trails that link parks, schools, and businesses.
Most of Grapevine is served by the Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District. A large portion of northwest Grapevine is served by Carroll ISD, while very small parts are served by Lewisville and Coppell ISDs. Grapevine High School has been named both a National Blue Ribbon School and a New American High School. It was ranked by Newsweek as the 41st-best high school in the nation in 2007.
More Community Information
- Grapevine Colleyville ISD & Carroll ISD
- Convenient to D/FW Airport, Downtown Fort Worth and Dallas
- Grapevine is the oldest settlement in Tarrant County
- High quality family oriented lifestyle with a rich selection of excellent schools, parks and public amenities
- Average Household Income $97,173
- Home to 9 winery/tasting rooms
- Shops and dining in historical Downtown Grapevine
- 160 restaurants, 5,000 hotel rooms
- The Grapevine Opry is one of the premier live county music shows in the nation
- Seventy-five restored buildings on Main St. listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- Two major festivals and numerous other community events throughout the year
- Gaylord Texan resort and the Great Wolf Lodge
- Grapevine Mills Mall
- Lake Grapevine is the perfect place for boating, fishing, camping, biking and hiking
- 23 miles of Hike-and-Bike trails located throughout the City
- Grapevine’s three golf courses are ranked among the top 50 public courses in the U.S
- The Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District inspires, encourages and empowers students to achieve their full potential in a global society
- 9 GCISD schools have achieved the state’s highest rating of Exemplary
- 11 GCISD schools are recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools
Sources: www.gcisd-k12.org, www.grapevinetexasusa.com, www.grapevinetexas.gov