Haslet is a city in Denton and Tarrant counties within the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex in the U.S. state of Texas and is located 15 miles north of downtown Fort Worth and 20 miles south of Denton.
According to the Handbook of Texas, the area was settled around 1880, but it is likely that no distinct community formed until 1883, when the tracks of the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway were extended through the area. During the 1920s Haslet had three grocery stores as well as a hardware store, dry goods store, and cotton gin.
Considered a major intermodal hub, Haslet has an excellent transportation and distribution network via major highways, BNSF Railway Intermodel and Alliance Airport. DFW International Airport is 30 minutes away. Haslet’s primary trade area is expected to grow to 531,887 by 2015. With a build-out of only 20% of available sites, Haslet is positioning itself to attract new corporations and businesses. Haslet offers a property tax rate of 29 cents per $100.
The City of Haslet provides a safe, rural setting for families. Haslet’s award-winning Northwest Independent School District, low crime rate and dedicated fire department make the city attractive for families. Haslet’s Sports Association presents an impressive array of organized sports.
More Community Information
- Northwest ISD
- 2007 median house value: $262,988
- Minutes from Alliance Airport
- Haslet is a thriving city that continues to grow
- Convenient to major highways, residents can enjoy additional shopping, dining and recreational activities in Fort Worth and Dallas with only a 30 minute drive time
- Home to Sendera Ranch master planned community
- Sendera Ranch brings the feel of country living together with incredible amenities!
- Alliance Crossing, a Hillwood development provides the services and amenities you need every day.
- 5 NISD schools have achieved the state’s highest rating of Exemplary
- 2 NISD schools are recognized as Blue Ribbon Schools
Sources: www.haslet.org, nisdtx.org, www.nwmetroportchamber.org