Westlake is a town in Denton and Tarrant Counties in the U.S. state of Texas and an upscale suburb of Fort Worth. The area known as Westlake was originally settled in 1847 by Charles and Matilda Medlin with about 20 other families. In the mid-twentieth century, what is now Westlake was known as Circle T Ranch, a 2,000 acre ranch founded by Dallas attorney and oilman J. Glenn Turner. When incorporated in the late 1950s, the name Southlake, Texas already existed, so ranchers and homeowners took the name Westlake.
The town is served by three independent school districts, Northwest Independent School District, Keller Independent School District, and Carroll Independent School District. Westlake residents may also enroll their children in Westlake Academy, an open enrollment state charter school. The eastern portion of the town is served by Carroll ISD (Exemplary), the western portion of the town is served by Keller ISD (Recognized) and the northern portion of the town is served by Northwest ISD, however there are no residences in this part of town.
More Community Information
- Keller ISD & Westlake Academy
- Located in the heart of the Fort Worth-Dallas metropolitan area
- Convenient to D/FW & Alliance Airport
- Just 30 minutes away from The world renowned Myerson Symphony Center
- The Town of Westlake is a “Master Planned” community
- Extremely low crime rates
- Home of the Prestigious guard-gated community of Vaquero, a private community of 333 homes
- Tom Fazio-designed private golf course
- The Vaquero Club features all of the amenities traditionally associated with a five-star resort
- Vaquero Golf Club offers lessons by PGA Golf Professionals
- All Westlake students have the opportunity to attend the prestigious Westlake Academy Charter School
- Westlake Academy offers a rigorous International Baccalaureate curriculum
- Westlake Academy has achieved the state’s highest rating of Exemplary
- Keller ISD is one of the fastest-growing school districts in Texas
- 13 KISD schools have achieved the state’s highest rating of Exemplary
- 2 KISD schools are recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools
- Home of the Jonas Brothers!
Sources: www.colleyville.com, www.experiencecolleyville.com, www.gcisd-k12.org, www.kellerisd.net, www.colleyville-texas-living.com